Sunday 25 October 2015

THE SOFT REALITY


It is language which avoids, shifts or denies responsibility. It conceals and prevents thought. It makes the unnatural seem natural, bad seem good, the unpleasant seem attractive, the negative seem positive and makes winners out of losers.

A-word
F-word
K-word
P-word
U-word
Z-word
B-word
G-word
L-word
Q-word
V-word
C-word
H-word
M-word
R-word
W-word
D-word
I-word
N-word
S-word
X-word
E-word
J-word
O-word
T-word
Y-word

1-word, Stop!

A euphemism, “the substitution of an indirect or vague term for one considered to be harsh or offensive” and it pretends to communicate but doesn't. 

If you cannot call a spade a spade when you write or speak then don't try. If you cannot say someone died instead of 'passing' don't say it. We are educated to write and read and to put words into a truthful honest narrative. Why are we continuing to 'beat around the bush'. 

When I was a child, I ate black liquorice candies called nigger babies. There I said it. That was then. Of course I would not call the candy that now, but nor should I replace N-word for something that was years and years ago.

Not everything in life needs to be sugar coated, nor should it. 

Contact me by:

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow my Twitter

Translate

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF